What to Bring
Personal grooming items
- No mouthwash containing alcohol. Please check the label and if one of the first three ingredients is alcohol, we will confiscate it until discharge.
- No products in aerosol cans, such as hair spray.
- No perfumes, scented body sprays, etc. ShareHouse facilities are fragrance free.
Comfortable clothing (we do not provide hangers)
- No alcohol or drug related logos on hats or clothing.
- Guys are to wear belts (no low riding pants).
- Women must wear a bra.
- No shorts shorter than the fingertips when arms are relaxed at individual’s sides.
- No tops exposing the tummy.
- No low cut tops.
- No tank tops.
- The strap on a top needs to be at least 2 inches wide.
- Linens are provided, however clients may bring twin sized linens if they prefer.
- Please bring your own pillow. We have discovered individuals sleep better with the pillow they are used to.
- We provide 1 washcloth and 1 bath towel. If more are desired, including a hand towel, clients may bring additional ones.
- Laundry services are provided free of charge.
- It is a necessity! Please bring one.
- Clients may bring over the counter medications, such as ibuprofen, vitamins, etc.
- A 30 day supply of any prescription medicines. If refills are necessary, the client must have money for the co-payment.
- All medications will be kept in the residential office and monitored by the staff.
- Cell phones are permitted. Clients will be given access to their cell phones twice a day.
- To receive permission to operate a motor vehicle you will need to provide proof of a current insurance, registration, and a valid driver’s license.
- Clients should bring a picture ID and their social security card
- Clients may bring a 19” or smaller TV, cable cords, and a VCR/DVD.
Items NOT permitted
- Energy drinks
- Exercise equipment, including weights
- Video gaming systems
Specific for ShareHouse New York Mills
- There is a small refrigerator and microwave in the room.
- Each client has a hotel-sized room with private bathroom so only bare essentials should be brought.